31 May 2014

Summer Plans

We asked you, our members, what your summer plans are. Here are some of your responses.

-I am attending an Oxbridge Summer Program in Paris, France for eight days, learning about contemporary culture and arts, as I need to renew my teaching license in French and can’t think of a better way to do it! Keri Bristow, Woodstock Union Middle High School

-I will be taking a course, The Role of Assessment and Technology in a Differentiated Classroom, through the Castleton Center for Schools. Natalie Chaput, Woodstock Union High School

-I will be taking a course based on Educational Psychology to compliment the Neurolinguistics coursework that I completed earlier this year. Meghan Kelley, Shelburne Community School

-I am travelling to Bogotá, Colombia for cultural immersion. I will be contacting schools for possible pen pals or collaborations for next year. Olga Saldarriaga, BFA Saint Albans

-For the first time, I will be traveling with students! I am going to the town of Joigny in Burgundy, France, with one other chaperone and 10 students from Hanover High School. Joigny is Hanover's sister city and these 10 students are participating in an exchange. The best part? The whole trip has already been planned! Allison Litten, Marion Cross School, Norwich

-I’m attending the AP Institute at St. Johnsbury. I’ve heard that the courses are just great all-around professional development. Even though I do not plan to teach AP French, I look forward to the different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment